MathWorks Math Modeling (M3) Challenge (http://m3challenge.siam.org) is the new name of the prestigious Internet-based competition known for providing a pinnacle high school experience for juniors and seniors and inspiring them to pursue STEM majors and careers. Now sponsored by leading software developer MathWorks, the contest is free and open to all U.S. students, and will award top teams this year with $100,000 in scholarships toward the pursuit of higher education. M3 Challenge has given more than one million dollars in scholarships to date and has been endorsed by the NASSP since 2010.
Challenge weekend is set for March 2-5, 2018. Registration is open now through Friday, February 23, at 4 p.m. EST sharp!
Working in teams of three to five, participants come up with their best solution to an open-ended, math-modeling problem focused on a realistic issue in just 14 hours. Complete details, rules, and practice problems, as well as a free downloadable handbook on getting started with math modeling are available at http://M3Challenge.siam.org.
If you would like more information about the Challenge or posters to distribute to your organizations or colleagues, please send a request with due date and shipping address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They’ll be fine? President J’s first Facebook Live Video on Gifted Ed Myth #1 - February 10, 2018
- Conversation on The 1A, “Rated PG: Profoundly Gifted” - January 16, 2018
- Activism and the Excellence Gap - January 15, 2018
- MathWorks Math Modeling Challenge 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Connect with ECET2 - January 15, 2018
- Save the Date: NAGC 2019 in Albuquerque - January 7, 2018
- AAGTS 39th Annual Conference - November 28, 2017
- Late Fall 2017 Newsletter - November 16, 2017
- Training and Maintaining Alternate Protocol for Gifted ID - November 8, 2017
- World of 7 Billion Video Contest - October 19, 2017